Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog Reform (or, How to Create from Something Never Officially Begun in the First Place)

To say that I have been lax in regards to this blog would, of course, be an understatement.

Between an adjustment to my first semester as a non-traditional adult student, an addiction to Diplomacy Online, and the standard laziness one finds in a new blogger in their first few months of activity, I have let my posts slip into obscurity. Additionally, I have not offered any new topics. No fluff, no substance, just static and dead air.

To those who had been my regular readers, I apologize. I muscled my way into the local blogging community and then vanished behind vague promises to renew by activity.

I have now returned to begin the reconstruction of what I had attempted to build towards the end of the previous year. While working to balance my summer course load, it is time I learn to actually design a web page and personalize my blog. I must also find a direction, an ultimate goal for this project beyond my simple daily activities.

It will be a slow process. It will require a great deal of patience and, if there's anything I've learned as a parent, I have more patience now that I had prior to parenthood, though I find myself expending it with more celerity.

No comments: