Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Statement of Goals (or, Theoretically a Good Idea, but Something I Probably won't Accomplish)

It's been a week since I first created this blog in a desire to post in a more public medium, as opposed to my Myspace account, which is not as readily reachable. I always seem to have a great deal to say; however, I never really take the time to say it or, worse, the time to actually research an issue before I open my mouth when I do speak up.

The purpose of this blog will, hopefully, rectify my lack of both personal education and speaking my mind more often. Earlier today, I was thinking I would try to push for one post a day, working with mostly political issues and then branching outward into other subjects. If, one day, I have a relatively mediocre-sized following of readers, I will poll them for topics they would like to see.

Once a day, however, is an incredible commitment for me. Between a job, two children and the preparations to head back to college this spring, I find myself lacking the time (and the discipline) to spend studying site after site of material. So, perhaps once a week would be a better idea.

As per my usual style, this blog is rambling a bit. As part of my experience, I would like to experiment with new styles of writing and, perhaps, find one better suited for discussing the sorts of topics I'd like to tackle.

So, as it is... once a week with a randomly chosen topic. I don't have the 'verbal' personality of some of the local bloggers nor do I have their levels of education. I don't expect to have a wide reader base. In fact, I'm not certain what I'm expecting from this blog, other than to develop my own knowledge.

We'll see how well I stick to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Congratulations on your new blog. Don't sell yourself short on your verbal personality, or your education for that matter. You seem to have more common sense and a better grasp of the issues than many of the people who consider themselves well educated.

Hlessi said...

I appreciate the comment and the vote of confidence, Chris. I'll try to keep up with the blog and post some substance here and there.

And, of course, if all else fails, I don't think I'll be able to refrain from posting comments to your blog. It's becoming something of a habit now.