Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brief Confirmation (or, The Monday Outing)

The plan to be at Tavern on the Market sometime shortly after six o'clock tomorrow is 'good to go.'

Unfortunately, as a pre-apology to anyone who decides to attend, I will be coming straight from work, so I will probably bear the delightful aroma of a day's worth of food service.

I can't wait until January... then I can attend outings such as these after the cleanliness of class.

Editted: Just to avoid the confusion of who, exactly, is who... I'll probably be the only one at Tavern with blue hair.

Probably.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just follow the aroma of cloves.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was green.

Hlessi said...

Ok, it's pushing more towards the greenish hue, now. Dyes are rarely perfect, especially when they've been allowed to fade.

And now I'm realizing I've obviously met you, Chris, without realizing it.

As per Megan's comment about the scent of cloves, yes, I will be smoking them for a brief bit. Once others start showing up, I'll be stepping away from the group to smoke, as I believe almost everyone is a non-smoker.

Hlessi said...

The outing was quite a bit of fun. We had a few 'brews', ate some dinner and, for the most part, discussed a random series of topics. Strangely enough, it seemed quite like a string of blog topics, ranging from what one can do with a degree in anthropology, enlisting in the military, the 'too soon' development of Downtown's residential areas without having available employment for the desired 'young professionals', languages in High School...and on.

Being the light weight that I am, about halfway through the outing, I became a little fuzzy on the details, thanks to the ample Woodchuck.

I'm up for another outing, at some point in the future, though I know the holidays will be keeping most of us busy. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could interest more of the area bloggers and, perhaps, head some place where I don't know everybody who happens to pass by.